> Tipping > How
to Get a Bigger Tip > Be Efficient
Discussion | See also
Be very efficient, accurate, precise and proactive in everything that you do.
- Keep an eye on them so when they try to catch your eye they can do it
- Take their order carefully and quickly.
- When you are serving them, pay attention only to them.
- Repeat the order back to them to ensure you have got it right.
- Chase their order in the kitchen if it looks like it may take a longer
than it should.
- Change the cutlery for special dishes, ensuring you place the cutlery
neatly and in the right order.
- Serve them more wine when their glasses are nearly empty.
- When the wine bottle is emptied, ask if they would like more (don't wait
to be asked).
- Be particularly efficient for people who are more likely to appreciate
it, such as business people at lunchtime.
Efficiency saves them time and makes them feel that you care about them. And
if you care about them they will be more likely to reward you.
Efficiency is also good for you as if you can keep it up you will serve more
people and consequently earn more in tips.